Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sellers Blues

With our apartment on the market, I feel like I'm constantly on a roller coaster of home owner emotion. Within a single day I can go from crossing my fingers to get an offer from a perspective buyer, to wishing we could take down our listing and live in our apartment forever. It can get to be quite exhausting!

Something I'm finding frustrating about the whole situation is that it seems like no one is looking! I find myself annoyed that our real estate agent hasn't even shown our apartment a handful of times, and Mr. B has to constantly remind me that the market is slow. I guess the truth is that I love our place so much, that I don't understand why everyone else doesn't love it and want to steal it away!

I also tend to get my hopes up every time our agent calls to say she's bringing someone by. This past weekend a gentleman who had already seen the apartment brought his wife back to see it. They are relocating to the New York area from Korea, and she flew in specifically to see some of the apartments her husband had pre-apporved. Our agent shared that the couple was very interested in our development, and they were pretty much deciding between our unit and another one on the property. So I got hopeful, of course, and now I just feel diappointed because it's probably not going to happen.

Did I mention that I'm also a complete nudge? I'm probably every real estate agents worst nightmare! I email our agent constantly to try to pry some feed back out of her on what people think of our apartment, why more people haven't come to see it, etc. However, I feel it's important to mention that when I appoligized (via email) for being a nudge, she urged me to never feel that way, and always ask her anything I want. Like I really needed the encouragement?

Well, I feel better already! I guess all I needed was a good rant, although it would be nice to get some more solid action on our listing. Perhaps I'm being to over eager though considering our abode has only been on the market for a month? In the end I just hope someone will love it here as much as we do, and that I'll actually be ready to move when the time comes, and they won't have to pry my fingers from the door frame to get me to leave! ;) SB

No comments: